Personal Data Privacy Statement
The following Personal Data Privacy Statement is developed pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong (“Ordinance”) in connection with the provision of personal data or information (“Data”) by clients to Fortunaire Financial Planning Ltd (“Fortunaire”)from time to time.
- It is necessary for clients to provide Fortunaire with Data in connection with various matters such as account opening or servicing, or compliance with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
- The kinds of Data that may be collected include, but are not limited to, name and address, occupation, contact details, date of birth, nationality, identity card or passport numbers, details of financial status.
- Failure to provide such Data may result in Fortunaire being unable to open an account or continue to provide services or unable to comply with any laws or regulations or guidelines and codes issued by regulatory or other authorities.
- Data is collected from clients in the usual course of maintaining the relationship with Fortunaire, for example, when clients open accounts, write cheques, transfer funds, effect transactions, attend seminar/events, participate in online activities or generally communicate verbally or in writing with Fortunaire.
Purpose and Use
- The purposes for which Data may be used will vary depending on the nature of the relationship with Fortunaire. Data usage will be required for any or all of the following purposes:
- the processing of an application for an account including confirming and verifying your identity;
- the daily operation of client’s account and the services to be provided;
- any purpose related to the administration of the products and services;
- researching, designing and launching financial, investment services or related products for clients;
- meeting the disclosure and compliance requirements under any laws or regulations, codes, guidelines or internal compliance policies applicable in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- promoting and direct marketing of the following services and products subject to client’s right of objection for such use:
- financial planning and investment, wealth management, insurance, MPF and related services and products;
- financial, investment and educational seminars and forums;
- other services and products offered by Fortunaire;
- any other purpose directly related to the above.
- You have the right to object to the use of your Data for direct marketing purposes as set out above. Fortunaire will cease to use your Data for direct marketing purposes without charge upon your request.
Retention and Access
- The Data collected may be maintained for such period of time required under applicable law and as otherwise needed to fulfill the purposes set out above.
- Fortunaire will take all reasonable measures to ensure that Data is kept confidential, secure against unauthorized access, loss, disclosure and destruction. Fortunaire may provide such information to the following parties, whether inside or outside of Hong Kong, for the purposes:
- Fortunaire and its subsidiaries, representative offices, associated companies and/or affiliates;
- the service providers of Fortunaire including the trustee, investment manager, registrar, transfer agent, the custodian, administrative service agent, and the auditor;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, research, design, launch, digital or telecommunication, clearing and settlement or other services to Fortunaire in connection with the operation of its business;
- the employees, officers, directors of Fortunaire;
- any party (including but not limited to, any governmental or regulatory authority or court of competent jurisdiction) entitled thereto by law or regulation or in response to a regulatory request; and
- external service providers of Fortunaire (including but not limited to printing houses, mailing houses, digital or telecommunication companies, data processing companies, storage companies, and information technology companies);
- Under the Ordinance, clients have the right to:
- check whether Fortunaire holds Data about you, and access to such Data;
- require to correct any Data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain the policies and practices of Fortunaire in relation to data and get informed of the kinds of Data held; and
- object to the use of Data for direct marketing purposes and Fortunaire shall cease using the Data for such purposes upon receiving client’s request.
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Fortunaire has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the process of any data access request.
For access to your Data held by Fortunaire, correction of such Data, objection to use of Data for direct marketing purposes, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Data held, please contact:
Fortunaire Financial Planning Ltd
Unit 02C, 27/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Fax: (852) 2574 2755